With the Scaleup Landing Pad, Hamburg Invest wants to attract international companies to the Hanseatic city on behalf of the Ministry of Economics and Innovation. The initiative was officially presented recently, and the first application phase runs until August 1.
What is a scaleup? In short, a startup that has already had some success on the market. The following criteria apply to the Scaleup Landing Pat Hamburg:
- The company must be between three and ten years old.
- It has already proven its competitiveness in its home market.
- The company has been in a strong growth phase over the last 24 months.
- It plans to enter the German market with Hamburg as its starting point.
Focus topics are mobility and logistics
The main objective of the landing pad is to connect scaleups with relevant companies from the Hamburg metropolitan region and to support them in further developing their business in the Hanseatic city with economic success. The industry focus is on sustainable mobility and logistics. In addition, companies that offer sustainable solutions on topics such as artificial intelligence, renewable energies or blockchain can also apply for the program.
„The advancing climate change means a fundamental transformation for society. In Hamburg, many companies are working on solutions for making the transportation of people and goods more sustainable and efficient. The Scaleup Landing Pad Hamburg will make an important contribution to attracting young companies with innovative solutions to the city,“ says Michael Westhagemann, Senator for Economics and Innovation in Hamburg.
What the Scaleup Landing Pad Hamburg offers
Participating scaleups receive personal support tailored to their individual needs. To this end, they choose from four components:
- Business Development. Active matchmaking of Scaleups with relevant business partners, support in initiating, finding financing and implementing pilot projects, and connecting with potential customers and investors.
- Living & Workspace. Up to eight weeks of accommodation in a furnished apartment in the center of Hamburg as well as up to eight weeks of co-working space / single office.
- HR Services. Offering recruitment services to identify staffing needs, hire freelancers or hire new employees.
- Location Consulting. Market and location analysis, advice on organizational and process development, administrative support on issues such as visas & work permits, insurance, legal & tax, company registration, etc.
Hamburg Invest provides each participating scaleup with these personalized services and incentives free of charge through a curated network of external service providers with Hamburg expertise, with an equivalent value of up to 50,000 euros.
Interested Scaleups can submit their application online via the landing pad website. All submissions will be reviewed by a jury of experts. The first application phase runs until August 1, after which the scaleups will be selected and notified by the jury. Further application phases will follow until the end of 2022.
Featured Image: Mediaserver Hamburg / Konstantin Beck